Posted to alt.food.wine
cwdjrxyz cwdjrxyz is offline

Default TN: Roses and tannic Taurasi

On May 30, 10:50*am, DaleW > wrote:
> Wednesday with chicken cacciatore, the 2001 Aminea *“Baiardo” (Taurasi). Dense, tough, tannic, tar and a little barnyard, needs time or a steak, but not so enjoyable at the moment. B-/C+

I have not had Taurasi from the source you mention and have read
nothing about it. However the 2001 vintage of Taurasi has a very good
reputation in general. I still have a bottle of Mastroberardino's
Taurasi Reserva 1985. The last bottle I drank of it was mature, but
seemed likely to last many more years. It sounds as if your bottle of
wine is much too young. Of course you take some chance in keeping
Taurasi many years, for less than top examples can dry out
considerably before the harshness of the young wine is tamed.