Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Grocery List tool - shop fast, shop easy

On 24/05/2012 8:20 PM, Kalmia wrote:

> Buy no more than you will eat in 3 days, even if it means addtl trips
> to the store. I hope you live close to your market. I hit mine
> average of 8 times a month. So, it works out fine, especially where
> bananas are concerned. I get em pretty green.

That works for me. I usually shop for fruit and vegetables at least
twice a week.

> I cut up cantaloupe, pineapple etc and it keeps pretty long in
> Tupperware. Maybe you are overbuying quantities?

I also buy a lot of frozen fruits. They tend to be cheaper than fresh,
available year round, and all I have to do is remember to take them out
ahead of time. AAMAF one of my usual desserts is to put some frozen
fruits in a bowl with some lofat sugar free vanilla yoghurt. Let it sit
for a few minutes and it is a cold, refreshing dessert.