Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default So are you guilty of having (one or more of) "5 bad (restaurant) customer habits"?

On Thu, 24 May 2012 14:36:43 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 24 May 2012 13:33:27 -0400, Gary wrote:
>> > Please explain that. This will teach me something that I evidently don't
>> > know.

>> "Sirloin steak" is going to be from the bottom sirloin (because they
>> didn't say "Top Sirloin"). Bottom sirloin is not fit for consumption
>> as a "steak". Top sirloin, if it's good USDA choice or prime, can
>> make a passable steak. But even top sirloin is the bottom of the
>> barrel as far as pieces of steer that can be eaten steak style.

>Thanks Steve. I wasn't trolling (as someone else suggested), I really
>didn't know. I do now.
>
>Gary :-D

Often sirloin is sold as London broil, don't buy it, even well
marinated it's awful. Of course everyone has different taste and
sirloin proves that... about five years ago one of my neighbors
invited me to a cookout along with some fifty others... for steak they
had tube or sirloin. One taste of the sirloin and I switched to
tube... I didn't even know which brand of tube but it was leagues
better than the sirloin. Most of those folks thought the sirloin was
great... proves there's no accounting for taste.