Posted to alt.food.wine
Dan the Man Dan the Man is offline

Default Least tannic red wines

On May 22, 2:47*am, ribster22
> wrote:
> I absolutely love red wines with Italian food. My palate loves it, but
> my stomach doesn't lately it seems.
>
> My question is this: Which variety's or specific reds, or wines from
> specific regions are the least acidic? I can drink chardonnay or pinot
> gris without any issues, my issue's are only with reds.
>
> Seems like a tragedy not to be able to enjoy a nice red with Italian
> fare.
> Thanks for your help.
>
> --
> ribster22

I've had a couple of hybrid reds called Baco Noir and Chambourcin
which are not tannic at all. Their acid levels tend to vary with the
vintage and grower, and because these are from hybrid grapes, they're
not always easy to find. I don't know where you live, but see if there
are any local wineries in your area that produce either of these
varietals.

Dan-O (Likes 'em both)