Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] Enjoying da spoof (2010 Albariño)

On 5/21/12 10:56 AM, santiago wrote:

> Interesting!
>
> This is an Albariño wine that comes from... La Rioja (the province, as
> opposed to Rioja as a D.O.). Actually, it belongs to D.O. Valles del
> Sadacia.
>
> Winery is Castillo de Maetierra, and they are making this line of "Spanish
> Guerrilla" with several grapes.

Curioser and curioser, Santiago. I saw that the winery was in La Rioja,
but are the grapes? Valles del Sadacia (VdlT, isn't it? not D.O.?)
rules call for 85% Moscatel de Grano Menudo or Moscatel de Alejandría if
I read the rules correctly, so I suppose that's why the wine isn't
labeled as VdlT Valles del Sadacia. It would make some sense that the
grapes do come from there given their ripeness, though.

Mark Lipton