Posted to alt.food.wine
santiago santiago is offline

Default [TN] Enjoying da spoof (2010 Albariņo)

Mark Lipton > wrote in news:jpcdua$ab4$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

> 2010 White Spanish Guerrilla Albariņo (Castillo de Maetierra)
> nose: ripe melon, minerals
> palate: firm acidity, medium body, dry
>
> Despite my aversion to cutesy names, especially when they are export
> labels, this was the most appealing wine I tried and the wine that both
> Jean and I got by the glass to go with our food. It was certainly a
> riper rendition of Albariņo than most other examples I've had, but by
> the same token it had plenty of character and didn't seem hot or
> overextracted. I suspect that this wine would not pass muster as a
> "natural" wine or anything close to it. It was probably manufactured
> somewehere, but still had enough character for me to like it.

Interesting!

This is an Albariņo wine that comes from... La Rioja (the province, as
opposed to Rioja as a D.O.). Actually, it belongs to D.O. Valles del
Sadacia.

Winery is Castillo de Maetierra, and they are making this line of "Spanish
Guerrilla" with several grapes.

http://vintae.com/sala-de-prensa/mat...o/castillo-de-
maetierra/spanish-white-guerrilla/

or

http://bit.ly/MAi26K

Glad you liked it, we need the Spanish Balance of Payments to improve!!!

s.