Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Robert Miles[_4_] Robert Miles[_4_] is offline

Default Do you get angry about food?

On 4/18/2012 1:56 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> I have been reading all these diet books lately. And according to them we
> should eat everything organic, mainly non-starchy veggies, fish and chicken.
> And apparently not much else. Brown rice is okay for some. The most recent
> book recommended that we (meaning everyone) have a shake for breakfast that
> involved rice protein, pea protein, or chia protein with some ice, hemp or
> nut milk, a little non-citrus fruit, ground flax, walnut oil and some nuts.
> There was another version that involved tofu. On the one hand this Dr. was
> telling us not to eat anything that is processed or has a label on it. On
> the other hand he is telling us we need to slug this stuff down every
> morning. His recipes also involve canned beans. He said we should feel
> free to eat 2 pounds of asparagus or broccoli if we wanted to. Now I like
> most vegetables but even I couldn't eat 2 pounds of them.
>
> So that is how the regular person is supposed to eat. Now if we have
> diabetes or a weight problem or some sort of other medical problem then our
> diet should be even more limited. I look at what we are supposed to eat,
> according to these experts and I just don't even want to eat! It is easier
> for me to just go hungry than to have to force down something I really
> dislike.
>
> So Angela pointed out to me that we are seeing countless people walking
> around eating Subway, McDonalds, donuts, candy, cookies, ice cream, etc.
> They are skinny and they do not have any medical problems. So that kind of
> makes me angry. Not that I want to eat the crap that I see them eating.
> Because I don't. But part of me gets angry that I can't just eat what I
> want to with no consequences.
>
> Why is it some people can do this and we can't?

Differences in metabolism. Most people don't have allergies or
diabetes.

I've found that diet books tend to have a wide variety of ideas
about what people should eat, and seldom agree.

I rarely get angry about food. But then, I usually don't feel
much emotion at all.