Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default 1997 Sassetti Pertimali Brunello di Montalcino

I've been on an Italian kick recently as the Italian wines are closest
to the door of the wine cellar and I just randomly pick wines each
night in the event that my wife hasn't already pulled a wine. We sat
in the garden with some local salumi and some italian cheeses, olives,
etc so the 1997 Sassetti Pertimali Brunello was a good choice. I
decanted it and the aroma while decanting was filled with dark fruits
and exotic spices. The wine was medium bodied in the glass but felt
fuller on the palate and was still very dark reddish purple. Flavors
of black earth, black cherry, anise, and cocoa with a lot of creme de
cassis throughout the palate from start to finish. Well balanced and
tasty. "B++"