Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Just tried the Taco Bell Doritos Loco Taco

ImStillMags wrote:
> One of the engineers went to Taco Bell and brought back a 12 pack for
> the office, so I tried it.
>
> Don't know wht all the fuss is a bout....it is your typical Taco Bell
> 99 cent taco in a Doritos taco shell. Still has almost no meat, a
> pitiful amount of lettuce and cheese, and not much flavor except for
> the Doritos shell. The shell is pretty salty like a Doritos so it
> gave it some flavor at least.
>
> I saw in the paper this morning that they are getting ready to come
> out with a Cool Ranch Dorito Loco Taco next.
>
> They guys in the office are all atwitter about these and the
> possibility of the cool ranch flavor.
>
> me.....not so much.
>
> I don't eat much fast food anyway and I was just reminded as to why.

I like their "5 layer beefy burrito". I had one for lunch today, with
some pico de gallo I brought from home. (and I noticed the price went
up to $1.49)
I tried the more expensive 7 layer burrito last month and didn't like it
as much.

The special menu items with flaming hot Fritos mixed in, and "volcano"
taco shells are meh at best.