-L. :

Default Fresh beets...what to go with?

(Fx199) wrote in message >...
> I have some fresh beets in the garden...what would be a good meal to plan
> around them? What kind of meats generally go good with them.
> I was just going to steam the beets, but am open for alternatives...
>
> Thanks

We eat them quite often with all kinds of meat - polutry, especially.
We usually eat them steamed, served warm or cold, or in salad with
Italian dressing (instead of tomato). The beet greens are delicious,
too - steamed with or without a little butter and S&P. Greens are
best when young, but it doesn't really matter.

-L.