Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.philosophy,talk.politics.animals,alt.politics
dh@. dh@. is offline

Default Moral considerability

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 14:28:12 -0700, Goo wrote:

>On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 17:24:12 -0400, dh@. wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 08:46:25 -0700, Goo wrote:
>>
>>>I observe that no one gives equal moral consideration, including those
>>>who say we ought to do so.

>>"There is no "consideration" to be given." - Goo

>The consideration in that quote is the fake "consideration" you pretend
>to give to their "getting to experience life"

Obviously I do give it consideration Goo, both for the animals I consume
parts of and also for the billions more that I don't. I make you give it
consideration too Goob, even though you don't want to you do, and you
deliberately oppose people appreciating the result when AW regulations provide
billions of animals with lives of positive value.

>, ****wit. The moral
>considerability I and others are talking about here is the consideration
>due the interests of the animals.

That's the decent lives of positive value part, Goo. Remember it's the part
that YOU are opposed to people taking into consideration because doing so can
work against the elimination objective.

>No consideration is due to their
>"getting to experience life", ****wit.

As much or more than their deaths Goob.