Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tommy Joe Tommy Joe is offline

Default RIP Dick Clark

On Apr 19, 12:36*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:

> Why would he want to keep working in such a competitive and shallow
> business? He made lot of money over the years and he had a chance to
> relax and enjoy himself. Besides, he was involved in a business aimed at
> teens, and he was, quite frankly, waaaay too old to be appealing to them.

Can't help it, I just love when famous people die. Of course I
get more of a kick out of it when they die in their prime, not when
they're in their 80s. Nothing personal against Clark, I just think
it's funny when ultra famous people die, especially when they're young
and in their prime and a bunch of people get all hysterical about it.
It's that insane reaction from the public that makes it funny, I think
(not that humor needs to be explained). It's funny to see people cry
publicly over people they never met. It makes me wonder how they'd
lose it if someone close to them dies. Then it further makes me
wonder if maybe those who are close don't mean as much as famous
people they've never met. But Clark didn't give me much of a rush,
probably because of his age. He was a famous one though - he'll get
the usual flow of standard comments - you know, "He will be missed",
or, "RIP", or whatever. But to me, "He will be missed" is the
funniest because it's so simple to say, requires little effort from
those saying it - and it's true - of course at some point he will
indeed be missed, by somebody.

TJ