Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tommy Joe Tommy Joe is offline

Default RIP Dick Clark

On Apr 19, 8:16*am, Bryan > wrote:

> The way people talk about death is weird. *When people write RIP, it
> makes me think, "While it may appear that the person is resting
> peacefully, upon closer examination you'll find that the person is
> actually dead."

Another funny comment, one to which I as a young kid responded to
as it was made by my best friend who knew my humor well but whose
father had just died. He told me the funny comment - said his father
died peacefully in his sleep - to which I replied, "How do you know it
was peacefully?" The worst dreams in history could have been soaring
through his head. Even after they're dead and rigored stiff, who
knows what thoughts consume their souls. Yes, some say that we we die
our souls leave the flesh. I believe that is true - it leaves the
flesh and enters the bones - trapped forever in the coffin till the
earth works it's way through and mingles the body into the natural
recycling process. Can't help it, death is a funny topic.

TJ