Dana Myers

Default Char Broil Silver Smoker 492 or 738 sq inches?

M&M wrote:

> I didn't get the narrower cooking grate with mine. A standard
> grate can be fitted into the firebox, but it's a bitch and I can't
> do it once the firebox is hot. Consequently, any grilling that I
> do is done in the cook chamber.

Yeah, even the narrower grate is a bit of a pain
to install in the firebox but it's not that hard
to do with a little practice. I wonder how many
phone calls Charbroil gets because they provide
two 16" wide grates and one 15" wide one without
mentioning in the instructions why one is narrower ?

I wonder if they'd sell you a narrower firebox
grate cheap enough if you called them?

Cheers!
Dana