Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bryan[_6_] Bryan[_6_] is offline

Default RIP Dick Clark

On Apr 19, 6:02*am, Tommy Joe > wrote:
> On Apr 19, 2:28*am, "I'm back on the laptop" >
> wrote:
> Chemo the Clown > wrote in news:fa90298a-
> ea23-4ea2-
>
> > > 82 years old and rocked the whole time!!

> > Sad :-(
> > He had a great voice.

> * * *I still think it's funny how you can tell when these famous types
> are ready to go by how they tend to stay out of the public eye as
> they're rotting away. *I noticed a few years back that Dick's
> appearances were becoming less frequent. *That made me wonder, "Is it
> time Dick?" *And sure enough it was. *He had had enough. *His pot was
> overflowing. *Life bubbled out of his cauldron. *He looked younger
> than he was - for a while - but in the end he looked as old as he was
> supposed to look, if not older. *I loved Dick. *But for God's sake
> man, he's gone - he's finished - and let's just get over it- may God
> rest his soul.

The way people talk about death is weird. When people write RIP, it
makes me think, "While it may appear that the person is resting
peacefully, upon closer examination you'll find that the person is
actually dead." Also the "the late so-and-so." If they were merely
late, you'd expect them to eventually show up, but they're not late,
they're dead, and they won't be arriving at all. Not late, not ever.

> TJ

--Bryan