Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,alt.philosophy,talk.politics.animals,alt.politics
Rupert Rupert is offline

Default "Speciesism" - nothing wrong with it

On Apr 18, 1:31*am, George Plimpton > wrote:
> On 4/17/2012 1:35 PM, Rupert wrote:

> >> Lots of reasons. *Lack of ability doesn't enter into it.

> > So you would apparently like us to believe.

> So it just happens to be.
>
> > As I say, I have never told you that I don't give the same amount of
> > consideration to nonhuman animals' interests as I give to human
> > interests,

> Yes, you did.

You don't appear capable of lifting the conversation beyond "No, I
didn't"; Yes, you did". You have put forward a claim that I once made
a statement which logically entailed that I don't give the same amount
of consideration to nonhuman animals' interests as I give to human
interests. This is false, I have never made any such statement, and
you cannot give an example of me making such a statement because I
never have. You made the claim; the burden is on you to substantiate
it. You say that you are unwilling to waste your time substantiating
the claim; well, you have wasted just as much time engaging in a
childless and pointless "No, I didn't"; "Yes, you did" exchange. There
is no point in making claims that you are not willing to substantiate.