Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tracy[_2_] Tracy[_2_] is offline

Default Consumer Reports rates food stores.

On 4/16/2012 9:27 PM, Jean B. wrote:
> Tracy wrote:

>>> The one in Northboro has had the biggest first month sales than
>>> any of
>>> their stores ever. Wegmens is very happy with MA and intends to
>>> build
>>> more. Multiple locations makes it easier for them to service them
>>> also.

>> They are building one on Route 9 in Chestnut Hill, where the old
>> Omni store was, if you are familiar with the area. Not a great
>> location, IMO and it will be much smaller than the normal Wegmans.
>>
>> I went to the Northboro store shortly after it opened. Big
>> mistake. It was a disaster. Crowed like you wouldn't believe. It's
>> really out of my way, so I probably won't visit again.
>>
>> Tracy

> Hmmm. Have the broken ground? I'm going to have to go back to their
> site again and see whether there is an estimated time of opening.

There's definitely work going on there. I just googled for news on a
projected opening. I just found something that said stores will open
"late next year" on a story posted last month. That seems like a
long wait.

Tracy