Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Consumer Reports rates food stores.

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 18:09:58 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> We were pleased with the Walmart in Lynnwood added
>> groceries and then very displeased just a few weeks later when they
>> stopped carrying some of the things that we bought. It's to the
>> point now where we won't go there for groceries. They do seem to be
>> the only store that sells the Cherry/Lime Tic Tacs though.

> You consider Tic Tacs groceries? duh
>
> Walmart sells exactly the same brands of groceries that are sold at
> any grocery store only they charge less. I don't buy fresh meat at
> Walmart because of how it's presented (in those plastic tubs it looks
> like lab specimens) and that most is salinated... but all their other
> food items are fine... even their produce is as good as at other
> produce departments, common sense says to actually examine produce no
> matter where purchased, even if picked from ones garden ya gotta
> inspect. I like Walmart for frozen foods, they have a huge selection
> and bargain prices... same with dairy, cured meats, canned/boxed
> goods, toiletries, etc. I don't buy clothing at Walmart, it's not up
> to my standards for quality but their childrens clothes are fine, it's
> low cost and kids grow out of it before they wear it out anyway. I've
> tasted Tic Tacs but don't remember ever buying any... aren't Tic Tacs
> the next generation Pez?

Maybe your Walmart sells the same things. Here some of those things are the
same but many are not. Like the Carvel cakes. What we were buying there
were Foodles and also the Jimmy Dean biscuits and gravy. Yes, other stores
sell the biscuits and gravy but Walmart was $2.00 less. Nobody else sells
the Foodles.