Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Ping Janet Wilder

Janet Wilder > wrote:
: On 4/5/2012 6:16 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: > Janet,
: >
: > I am in the midst of making your almond macaroons wth the Pesach sucraloe
: > sweetener. Unfortunately I accidentally deleted the recipe adn
: > immediately jotted down my memeory and wel will see how it turns out. I
: > made one change as I had no vanilla KLP so I added powdered ginger.
: >
: > Coul dyou eithe r post here or email me the recipe so I can have it in my
: > files as I will, surely not have remembered all the details now, will not
: > by next year(or even next week:-)
: >
: > Have a wonderful Pesach to you and to all to whom it applies on this list.
: >
: > Wendy-so happy not to be cooking for the Seder anymore
: >
: >
: So sorry to be late, Wendy. We were out of town and just got back late
: yesterday in time to clean up and go to the communal seder. Here's the
: recipe for regular year.

: chag samaich!

: * Exported from MasterCook *

: Almond Macaroons

: Recipe By :
: Serving Size : 48 Preparation Time :0:00
: Categories : cookies

: Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
: -------- ------------ --------------------------------
: 1 1/2 cups blanched almonds
: 1 cup Splenda
: 1/4 tsp salt
: 2 large egg whites
: 1/4 tsp vanilla
: butter-flavor cooking spray

: In a food processor grind fine the almonds with the Splenda and salt.
: In a bowl, beat the egg whites until they are foamy (just before soft
: peaks form) and fold in the almond mixture, gently but thoroughly.

: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and "butter" or spray the
: parchment. Spoon batter onto the parchment by half-teaspoons, placing
: the mounds 2 inches apart.

: Bake in the middle of a pre-heated 300 degree oven for 20 minutes or
: until they are golden around the edges. Let them cool on the parchment.
: Peel the macaroons from the parchment and store them in an airtight
: container.

: --
: Janet Wilder
: Way-the-heck-south Texas
: Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Thanks. I did get therecipe from Susan who found it on line for me. I
made the, as Imentioned, by memory! I used pre-ground almonds that I had
bought for the holiday, findign that 1 1/2C of blanched almonds weighed 9
ounces(trust Joy of Cooking wedding present 48 ears ago:-) I had no
vanilla KLP so added powdered ginger fo rflavor. I foudn the dough kid of
hard, so I measured adn kind of hand rolled them out of the measuring
spoon. They didn't spread so I had kid of rsmall round balls, with nice
flavor, but crumbly and slightly gritty. I wonder if the already ground
alonds might benefit from further grinding in the FP. As I mentioned in
my earlier post I migh try larger egg whites next time. What are your
thoughts?

They taste wonderful and I am enjoing thembut definitely not for
company:-)

Wendy