Posted to rec.food.cooking
ImStillMags ImStillMags is offline
Banned

Default Is Eating Meat Ethical?

On Apr 5, 12:20*am, Tommy Joe > wrote:
> On Apr 4, 3:12*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > *Is eating meat unethical?

> * *Being alive is unethical.
>
> TJ

well if you want to take it that far, yes.

The whole point of the opening post is that the majority of people who
think eating meat is unethical say it is because something has to
die. Well, sorry, but if we eat ANYTHING at all, something has to
die.

I'm more concerned about the quality of life of animals raised for
food, their growing conditions, whether they've been fed antibiotics,
were they crowded into pens standing knee deep in their own feces,
packed into cages with no room to move, etc.

I'm going to continue to eat animal proteins. But I want the animals
I consume to have been raised for that purpose with care, honor and
appreciation for their function, and processed in the most humane way
possible.