Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lining a lazy Susan cupboard

"MaryL" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

> "MaryL" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>>
>> Bull wrote:

>>> The ones I have are a circle with a wedge cut out and have a lip all
>>> the way around. Measure the diameter of the circle and cut one.
>>> when you have the circle make a split to the center for the post.
>>> Cut out the wedge. Tweak the pattern until it fits. Then trace to
>>> the liner cut another one. Takes a little time but not that hard to
>>> do. My house was built about 1990 and those were the thing then.
>>> There are much better storage solutions today - but I'm not taking
>>> mine out because I am never changing the cabinets. I know what's in
>>> there and don't have a problem with it. It is way better than a
>>> "dead space" corner. Mine are in the lower cabinets only.

>> How do I measure the diamater of the circle? I am not good with math.
>> My
>> house was built in 81 but was probably remodeled around 90.
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Why not use paper? You could use brown paper--the type for packing
>> boxes--and press it around the sides to form a crease. Cut along the
>> creases to make the pattern, lay it back in the lazy Susan to make sure
>> it is correct, and then use that as a template.

> That is what I am going to do but I will use newspaper. Frankly I hadn't
> even thought of that because I have never had to do anything like that
> before. When I put the Contact paper in there, I had to do it in pieces
> because it wasn't wide enough. I think I used three pieces. The end
> result
> wasn't bad but it didn't hold up really well. And I really hate messing
> with Contact paper. If you put it down wrong by accident then it's
> ruined.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> The reason I suggested brown packing paper is that it is sturdier than
> newspaper. Newspaper could tear easily, but it is certainly worth trying
> (free!).

Yes. Free is the ultimate word. I haven't seen any brown packing paper in
years. I don't even know if you can still get it in any of the regular
stores around here. I used to have a lot of brown paper bags but I rarely
get those now. I mainly use my own purchased bags or once in a while I will
get plastic ones if that is an option. We do use the plastic ones for some
things. But in Edmonds they have been banned so you can't get them in the
stores there.