Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_5_] Nancy Young[_5_] is offline

Default Lining a lazy Susan cupboard

On 4/2/2012 10:31 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message

>> In >,
>> "Julie > wrote:

>>> out not to be enough of it. I am not sure the stuff I have now is big
>>> enough to be able to put just one piece in. I don't really know how to
>>> explain it but the curved design is baffling me. Also the fact that I
>>> can't
>>> access the entire cupboard at once. I can only get to like...half of it
>>> or
>>> so.
>>>
>>> Any ideas? Or hmmm... Maybe I could pay my nephew to do the lining for
>>> me.
>>> He's had a heck of a lot more math than I have.

>> I made a pattern. Cut the liner like the pattern and fit. If the
>> material isn't large enough make a butt seam and tape it on the
>> underside. (I used packing tape) Install fitted liner.

> But how do you make the pattern? What is it made of and how do you do it?

I used newspaper. I don't remember if I had to tape a couple of
sheets together to cover the whole area. Then I just folded the
newspaper along the edges until it was the shape I wanted.

I lined my lazy susan shelves with vinyl flooring. Very sturdy
and I take it out and scrub it once a year or so.

nancy