Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Easter dinner

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> Has anyone made any plans yet?

> We had our traditional spring New England Boiled Dinner last Sunday. My
> niece was with me that weekend, so I planned the dinner for Sunday
> evening to coincide with when she'd need to go home. Her parents came
> down for the dinner and took her home, saving me some travel with her on
> the bus/subway.
>
> On Easter weekend I'm roasting myself a turkey because it's on sale and
> I love leftover turkey. So do my cats, and I recently cleaned out one
> of my freezers, so I have plenty of room for containers of turkey stock
> and the like.

We just made our plans. My mom bought a ham at the new Whole Foods. I
don't eat ham so she is making a hamburger patty for me. Anyone know if
Omaha Steaks has pink slime in it? I hope not. I will be making those
Gordon Ramsey's potatoes. I got a new baking dish today to make them in.
All of my other baking dishes are a tad small and the roasting pan I made
them in last time is really too large. I will also be doing some green
beans. I want to roast them but need a recipe. I found one that sounded
good but they were bundled with bacon and my mom said she thought nobody
would eat those. My family is so blah. And ya'll thought *I* was a picky
eater. Putting black pepper on those babies will be taking a risk. They
loves them some bland food! I also got some dried beans at Whole Foods that
are Jacob's Cattle Trout beans. I didn't really want to buy dried beans
because it seems I am the only one who eats them but Angela wanted to scoop
them up. I am hoping if I serve them, somebody will try them. The
directions said to soak overnight then boil for 45 minutes in salted water.
I will also be making the baked apple slices with a slight amount of sugar
and some cinnamon.

My mom will be making deviled eggs and assorted raw veggies. She will be
telling my brother to bring pies. *sigh* At least one will be a sugar free
pie.