Old 31-03-2012, 02:05 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
B. Server B. Server is offline

Default Just another reason to raise prices and screw us...

Well don't let anything screw up a good conspiracy theory, but the
state of Texas, from which comes the third highest agricultural output
in the US has lost upwards of $7Billion in 2011 due to drought. More
directly, Texas is the largest beef producer in the US and that
industry lost an estimated $3.23Billion. So you might factor in what
impact a drop in supply of that magnitude has on prices.

--bs

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:10:26 -0500, Gene
wrote:

Just another reason to raise prices and screw us.
1st the mad cow scare drove up beef prices. I called bull shit on that
one. I never saw a mad cow. Hell, I never saw one that looked even
kinda ****ed off.

Mad cow=higher beef prices. So people purchased less beef and more
chicken, so they raised chicken prices, so people moved to pork, so
they raised pork prices, so more people started buying more veggies,
so.....

Now lets go back to beef because the prices aren't HIGH ENOUGH YET!

I swear, they won't be happy till we are eating each other, and not in
a fun way either.

This just in:

http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eati...treated-cattle

I blame everything on Monsanto.

Soylent Green is next!

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain