Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC's: Vegetarian pasta dishes was Penne all'Arrabbiata

On 30/03/2012 5:03 AM, Krypsis wrote:
> On 30/03/2012 5:06 PM, RussianFoodDire wrote:
>> In case of pasta dishes, vegetarian pasta dishes taste as good as non
>> veg pasta dishes.
>>

> You do realise that, given the nature and perception of one's sense of
> taste, your point above doesn't cut it. They taste as good to "you"! As
> always, the perceptions of others will differ.

I didn't see the original because I filter the foodbanter idiocy, and
the OP just reinforced that decision. There are some good pasta dishes
that don't involve meat, like pasta with garlic and oil. Then we have
to deal with all the various types of vegetarians, and some don't eat
cheese or eggs. Since pasta is made with eggs, and every pasta dish that
I know of uses some form of cheese, and sometimes more than one type,
that pretty well rules out pasta of all types.

> The exception will, of
> course, be Peter Lucas' silky smooth mashed spuds (with skin on). They
> didn't even look good.

Anyone as foolish as Lucas has to have a sense of humour. He was
probably doing some renovations thought it would be funny to take a
picture of his wallpaper paste and tell us it was mashed potatoes.