Greg Leman

Default Myrtle Beach Q

" BOB" > wrote in message
> Netguy wrote:
> > In article >, go_herd86
> > @NOSPAMhotmail.com says...
> >> I'm going to be going down to Myrtle Beach all of next week. Would like

any
> >> barbecue places that anyone would recommend. I'll be down in Litchfield

but
> >> would drive anywhere from Georgetown to North Myrtle. Looked on the net

> >> little, I think Armadillo's and Sticky Fingers is what I found. Thanks

in
> >> advance.
> >>
> >> Ric in Rock Hill
> >>

> > No way. I never found any bbq in Myrtle Beach. Go for the seafood
> > instead (avoid those all you can eat places).

> I agree. I have a cousin that lives in Myrtle Beach, and he drives to

North
> Carolina for barbecue.
>
> BOB

From Myrtle Beach, you can head north about 2 hours on Hwy 17 and be on the
edge of the heart of Eastern Carolina Q country. And you're only 4 hours
from The Skylight Inn (Pete Jones BBQ), well worth the trip. Since my visit
last week, I have started to agree that the Skylight Inn is the Mecca of
BBQ.

This guy has put together a pretty good site on eastern Q:
http://bbqpossum.8k.com/#eastern

--
Greg Leman
Carolina Sauce Company, Inc.