Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Curry?

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2012-03-23, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> Still doesn't tell me where to get the spices. There are no Indian (or
>> Asian) shops around here. My local Publix (or Food Lion, which is a sort
>> of
>> shabby store) doesn't have an extensive spice selection. I guess I'd
>> have
>> to order the spices online. I don't think about curry enough to care. I
>> just thought it might be a nice birthday gift.

> Call some health food stores, if you have any locally. In our one
> stoplight town, we have one store. In our 3 stoplight town, we have 3
> stores. Must be some sorta correlation, there.

Lucky you! Doing a google search (not counting stoplights!) found *one*
place listed as a health food store. That's a GNC. I remember GNC from
malls in the 1970's. I can't say I was particularly impressed then, nor am
I likely to be now.

> Two of those four stores carry a huge selection of bulk spices, both
> whole and ground.

Again with the bulk bins! I've never seen bulk anything at the grocery
stores. I guess I'm just not lucky enough to live where they have such
things

Jill