Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Curry?

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:20:55 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
>> Still doesn't tell me where to get the spices. There are no Indian (or
>> Asian) shops around here. My local Publix (or Food Lion, which is a sort
>> of
>> shabby store) doesn't have an extensive spice selection. I guess I'd
>> have
>> to order the spices online. I don't think about curry enough to care. I
>> just thought it might be a nice birthday gift.

> You can make curry without going all exotic or ordering online, but as
> far as giving the tin as a gift - think outside the box. It's good
> for other things. A crafter would probably love it. It would also be
> good in the kitchen tool drawer because it could store picture
> hangers, push pins, nails etc etc.
>
> --

LOL That tin would take up the entire kitchen tool drawer. The entire
point is to give him something interesting which includes spices he could
use to make Indian-style curry. He likes curry. Of course the tins can be
used for other things once they're empty. I don't want to give him empty
tins.

Jill