The Saint

Default Absinthe Revisited

<zips up his flamesuit as he is reminded about the past posts on this topic,
and ventures ahead...>

Let me start off by saying that I am not interested in the homebrewers.
Nothing personal I simply don't care to experiment with all the recipes and
methods etc. nor do I want to distill anything in my back yard (the
neighbors might frown on it, lol). I am however interested in ordering
absinthe off the internet for personal consumption (in my home in Texas,USA)
and possibly giving as gifts (could there be any repercussions from this?).
I have been doing online research for a few days and now I'd like this
newsgroup's opinion (hopefully including at least a few absinthe drinkers
who order online) regarding choice of brand, choice of distributors and
procedural quirks. Some of the brands I have seen praised are Nouvelle
Orleans (has this been released yet? the review was of a sample) Suisse La
Bleue (although I have read this was the absolute best it was believed
nonexistent by multiple sources however this site
http://www.absinthesuisse.com/ claims to sell it, any experiences with this
distributor?), Un Emile 68, La Fee and Sebor in order from best to not quite
as best, lol. I would also like any input regarding, or experiences with,
the brands Vision and King of Spirits GOLD. I am not under the illusion
that absinthe is like liquid PCP but I am hoping it is not JUST expensive
100+ proof alcohol. Well that's about it. Any and All
advice/corrections/info/opinions(*) will be read and considered. Thanks in
advance!

(*) - non-constructive criticism/attempts to convince me to
homebrew/insults/etc. will be ignored so save your time.

--
So long. Peace on the floor, not on your shoes.

....and the first rule in a gunfight is to bring a gun.