Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Curry?

On 2012-03-21, Krypsis > wrote:

> Using the right caret would be cumbersome as you would have to add a
> specific CR/LF at the end of each line due to word wrap. I have done
> it in the past but only with very short excerpts of text.

Like a good newreader client, a good editor will do it. I use emacs,
which will correctly reformat and wrap a heavily edited paragraph
while maintaining the integrity of the quote carets. Xemacs would be
a better choice for Windows users. BTW, (X)emacs also includes a very
good newreader client, among other things. Problem is, emacs is not
for the faint of heart. LOOOOONG and tedious learning curve, even for
Linux users. I can't think of a Windows based --even 3rd party--
editor that will maintain quotes while editing, but I'm sure there's
one somewhere.

nb

--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!