Old 20-03-2012, 03:44 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science
Rupert Rupert is offline

Default Always put quotes around "vegan"

On Mar 20, 4:13*pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 3/19/2012 10:31 PM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 19, 7:27 pm, George *wrote:
On 3/19/2012 9:39 AM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 19, 4:29 pm, George * *wrote:
On 3/18/2012 11:37 PM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 19, 7:15 am, George * * *wrote:
On 3/18/2012 11:07 PM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 19, 6:13 am, George * * * *wrote:
On 3/18/2012 8:09 PM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 18, 6:16 pm, George * * * * *wrote:
On 3/18/2012 1:07 AM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 18, 2:33 am, George * * * * * *wrote:
On 3/17/2012 3:33 PM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 17, 8:00 pm, George * * * * * * *wrote:
On 3/17/2012 8:33 AM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 17, 3:50 pm, George * * * * * * * *wrote:
On 3/17/2012 1:05 AM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 15, 6:12 am, George * * * * * * * * *wrote:
It's just a hideously ugly fake word on its face, and the loathsome
ideas and false beliefs encapsulated in it are even more hideously ugly.

What's ugly about the ideas involved in veganism?

False morality is inherently ugly, especially when it involves self
exaltation and sanctimony.

I don't believe that a desire to do something about animal suffering
is inherently ugly, and

There isn't any such authentic desire. *It's really all about the ego
and self-image of the so-called "vegan".

This belief of yours strikes me as irrational.

No, it doesn't. *You just say that to try to deflect attention from you
own ego gratification and self-exaltation.

How exactly do you think I am trying to exalt myself

Believing that you're "better" than omnivores based on what you don't eat.

I don't.

You do.

Why do you think that?

Why do you ask pointless questions?

I asked the question because I was curious to know the answer.

Really?

Yes.

Really!?

Yes. Do you perhaps have some alternative explanation in mind?

Yes.

You don't seem very willing to share your thoughts with me at the
moment.