Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] hrbrickerNOSPAM@verizon.net is offline

Default remote thermometer for WSM

On 14-Mar-2012, Earl > wrote:

> Zz Yzx wrote:
> > I'm in need of a new remote thermometer for my WSM.
> >
> > ANy recommendations for a brand? I'd like to measure pit temp at the
> > grill as well as the meat temp.
> >
> > Thanks a heap,
> > -Zz
> > "Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
> > http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm

> I've used these for years - the older generation. This is the latest
> and greatest. I bought one but I won't be testing it for a few weeks...
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Maverick-Wirel...1771180&sr=1-1

I was just thinking that when I started cooking outdoors eight
years ago, it never entered my mind to ask what brand of
therm to buy. I spotted some knockoffs on overstock.com
and bought three for $6/ea. I sold one to Even in Citrus Park
and the other two are still going strong. There's just not
much to be said for consumer level products. They're all
made as cheaply as possible. I have no idea who made
the ones I have. They have no name on them, but they
work as well as any.

--
Brick(Better to remain silent and be thought a fool
then to speak up and remove all doubt)