Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kent[_5_] Kent[_5_] is offline

Default Coffe makers

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2012-03-12, Kent > wrote:
>
>> have destroyed two Cuisinart burr grinders, and would not recommend it.
>> It
>> has a single flat burr that wears out.

> Take 'em apart and actually look at the burrs. Nothing wrong with
> flat burrs, some of the best commercial grinders use them (Mazzer,
> etc). OTOH, I've seen home grinders costing around $100 that
> use hard plastic! flat burrs. Junk!
>
> nb

With two Cuisinart grinders the flat burrs wore out after so much use. The
burrs quit grinding because the surface became flat. I think all grinders
are like this are made in the same Chinese factory. I think the burrs are
made of metal that is too wimpy to take long term use. I don't think the
Chinese drink coffee. They're just making the product as a subcontractor for
a company with a label in the U.S.

Kent