Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Default Coffe makers

On 3/11/2012 2:06 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> I know this comes up from time to time, but what are your feelings
> about coffee makers these days? French press still seems to be a
> favorite, but what about the high end drips?
>
> Technivorm seems to have better ratings than most, but is approaching
> $300. It is made in the Netherlands though, a big plus.
> http://www.wholelattelove.com/Techni...orm_thermo.cfm
>
> Most every other brand has some good ratings, but also some really
> bad ones from people with terrible experiences.
>
> Bunn makes coffee fast, but does not seem to be hot enough for some.
>
> Mr. Coffee and Black& Decker still have $19.95 models that sell by
> the millions. Are they worth it?
>
> Has anyone had a big revelation? Such as I should have spent the
> extra money and bought xxx years ago, it is well worth the cost. Or,
> It was a waste to spend so much because the $20 Mr. C makes just a
> good a cup for a lot less.
>
> My wife mentioned that she'd like to have something other that what
> she now uses. Faster and easier to pour without spilling. Personally,
> I have a cup of tea instead.

How about an espresso maker like this one I found on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Express-Stovet...498225&sr=8-13

or

http://tinyurl.com/7x9jwye

The coffee/espresso maker shown in the Amazon example is 6 cups
capacity. There are a few different sizes from one cup to 10+ cups.
Before gifted with an electric espresso maker (DeLonghi), I used this
sort of coffee maker to make a morning mocha. The only drawbacks were I
always made sure to A) keep an eye on the stove, and B) use the timer to
make sure I didn't get distracted while making coffee/espresso with this
stove-top method. HTH

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!