TJW & ACW

Default A bartender that doesn't drink, is it such unusual (sp) creature.

So I'm talking to a bartending school and thinking seriously about
going into bartending professionally. And while the school didn't
seem surprised to hear of a bartender that doesnt' drink-- they say
some bars prefer it. I got a lot of surprised reactions from people
when I told them and told them I didn't drink.

Why is it such a big deal? I happen to like the atmosphere and the
being around people that bartending and the like attracts. I'm a
stable family man, sane (for the most part), I just don't like
drinking, just never appealed to me, but I've always enjoyed
bartending. So why is it such a big deal that I'm going to be a
bartender who doesn't drink/like the tsate of liquor?