Peter H.M. Brooks

Default Pukka mealtimes

"mUs1Ka" > wrote in message

> "Peter H.M. Brooks" > wrote in message
> >
> > Yes, this is what had me confused about dinner invitations being made

for
> > 8h00 for 8h30 - you only need a couple of sherries and dinner is very

late
> > indeed. Far better for dinner invitations to specify 6h30 for 07h00

where
> it
> > is understood that the first hour or so involves Whisky Sours, Obtuse
> > Dinasour's, Champagne Cocktails, Soire de Gala's or, for the very, very
> > lucky, Brompton Cocktails. Much more civilised.
> > >

> I have always considered 8.00 for 8.30 to mean aperitifs served at 8.00,
> dinner served at 8.30.
> Is this not the case?

Yes, but that is time for a small sherry only, and then only if it is a tiny
dinner party, eight people or fewer - any more and it takes longer even for
sherry.

--
'They.. sucked the Tobacco smoak in greedily, swallow it down with the
Water. For which reason..generally at..the first Pipe in the Morning, they