Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science
Rupert Rupert is offline

Default The 'vegan' shuffle

On 7 Mrz., 18:30, George Plimpton > wrote:

> >> No, it's right. *It's unspoken in many cases, but it's always there.

> > You're a fool.

> Gotcha!

I see.

> >> When did I suggest he was violating the polar bears' *rights*? *I
> >> didn't. *I said his driving is killing polar bears, you stupid ****.

> > By that logic you must also conclude that your driving will help to
> > kill humans in the future, and yet you don't think you're violating
> > human rights?

> Not everything that shortens a human's lifespan is a violation of his
> rights.

Here is a discussion of the potential effect of climate change on the
Pacific Islands.

http://www.unescap.org/mced2000/paci...nd/climate.htm

In your opinion, assuming this comes to pass, will rights violations
have occurred? Why or why not?

> >> Bullshit.

> >> There's that disgusting "animal rights passivism" on display again - why
> >> can't some ****ing idealistic "vegan" stop marching and participating in
> >> PeTA stunts and *DO* the ****ing research, you ****ing idiot?

> >> Why can't those two arrogant cocksuckers Gaverick Matheney and Nathan
> >> Nobis do it, you stupid ****? *They went to a lot of effort to try to
> >> refute Steven Davis; why can't they do a similar effort to determine
> >> which vegetables are least-harm?

> > I don't know; you'll have to ask them.

> You keep pretending that "vegans" *can't* do the comparison because
> there's no research on which vegetables are least-harm. *"vegans" ****
> away countless hours on other worthless defenses of "veganism" - why
> can't *any* of them be bothered to try to make "veganism" a little more
> internally coherent? *The fact that *no one* does is a crushing
> indictment of the belief system, and a validation of my attacks on it.
> They are not intellectually or morally entitled to make a single one of
> their claims for it: *not "cruelty free", not "least harm", where that
> second one includes both harm to animals and environmental degradation.
>
> The entire thing is shit.

Have you got some evidence that veganism is not "least harm"?

> >> The simple fact, you mother****ing idiot, is that "vegans" don't care.
> >> This has been established thoroughly: *they do NOT care. *The easy, lazy
> >> and casual assumption that not putting animal parts in their mouths is
> >> sufficient is just too convenient.

> > You're a fool.

> Gotcha!

> >> That's a lie.

> > So where have you given the suggestion, then?

> See my many comments about 100% grass-fed beef, wild-caught fish,
> gathered wild nuts and fruits, and even waste-fed pork.

What evidence do you have that these diets are lower in harm than many
vegan diets?