Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
Poutnik[_3_] Poutnik[_3_] is offline

Default Chlorine Odor in tap water

In article <30805150.156.1330745351307.JavaMail.geo-discussion-
forums@vbxv4>, says...

> > > boy,
> > > what's with the LooooNG Subject titles?
> > > I don't like them, but I'm new here.
> > >
> > > Do any of you do anything about the
> > > chlorine odor from tap water?
> > > Like, let the odor dissipate for a
> > > few minutes, before using?
> > >
> > > I sometimes let the water stand for a while,
> > > but I add so many other flavors, etc,
> > > that I can't really tell the difference.
> > >
> > > marc

> > In context of coffee, chlorine fully disappears
> > until water starts boiling.
> >

> don't understand what you said
>
> marc

What word I have used you do not understand ?

This group is about coffee.

But if your intention was to use cold tap water,
few minutes is not enough.

On the other hand, addition of organic stuff
like fruit juice is able to quickly react
with chlorine. It disappears by chemical way
and residues are beated by taste of major components.

--
Poutnik

People's selfconfidence is often reciprocal to their knowledge.