Rick Gibson

Default Canadian oak

My other hobby is woodworking and I do a lot of work with white oak, most of
what I have is from trees cut 10-15 years ago and stored in a barn. By the
time I take the rough lumber down the the size I need I have garbage bags
full of oak chips. Question - would these oak chips be any good for adding
oak flavour to the wine? The oak originally came from trees in southern
Ontario.

Right now most of it is going as bedding for a local pig farmer and if I can
save some of it and put it to a better use that would be great.

Thanks in advance
Rick