Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

Default The 'vegan' shuffle

On 2/29/2012 12:06 PM, Dutch wrote:
> "George Plimpton" > wrote in message
>> I read this a while ago, and I had the devil of a time finding the
>> site again to share here.
>>
>> http://letthemeatmeat.com/post/11419...-fails-and-one
>>

>> This is an excellent and thorough elaboration of why "veganism" fails
>> as a sound ethical approach to the human use of animals. I really like
>> the author's turn of phrase, "the vegan shuffle." By that, he means
>> the flip-flop back and forth between animal "rights" and the reduction
>> of animal suffering when "vegans" are confronted with the inescapable
>> and undeniable fact that "veganism" is not a reliable means for
>> achieving either one.

> That is an excellent blog. Too bad the formatting in the comments
> section is so messed up.

It is a good blog, isn't it?

I think that formatting is due to the way that site has implemented the
commenting technology. A newspaper with which I have some familiarity
uses what appears to be the same technology for its comments, and they
don't seem to have that problem. See the comments following this story:

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/02/29/430...ones-dies.html