Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default Stuffed shells.

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 13:37:36 -0700, Tiger Lily > wrote:

>On 2/23/2012 3:27 AM, Storrmmee wrote:
>> i have made meat and meatless and everything in between, so has the dh, i
>> don't think we have ever used an egg, and until reading this never knew
>> anyone who ever did, lol, live and learn, Lees

>triple.... i've never put an egg in lasagna or any other 'pasta in
>sauce' dish
>
>different recipes i guess
>
>kate

You put the egg into the ricotta, which as it bakes, helps to firm it
up. The proportion for the stuffing goes like this. (copied right
from the recipe I use). This was for a big lasagna, you would cut it
down proportionately for your needs.

"4 lbs of Ricotta, 4 eggs, 1- 1/2 cups of grated Romano cheese.
(for spinach lasagna add two packages of frozen chopped spinach,
cooked, then WELL drained, squeeze out excess water)
Mix and blend well with electric mixer before folding in the spinach."

Evelyn