Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jean B.[_1_] Jean B.[_1_] is offline

Default What Is Your Most Or Least Favorite Type Of Nut?

Nancy2 wrote:
> On Feb 20, 6:57 pm, "Jean B." > wrote:
>> George M. Middius wrote:
>>> They're a bargain at TJ, but you're right IMO about the freshness. A
>>> drugstore chain here (CVS) also has shelled pistachios, and sometimes
>>> Safeway has them too.

>> Fresher than TJ's? I have some of the unshelled pistachios,
>> because I was thinking of making a fruitcake. It didn't
>> materialize though. I hope they are usable for cooking.
>>
>> --
>> Jean B.

> I can always buy macadamia nuts without shells in the baking aisle - I
> make cookies using those and white "chocolate" chips, instead of
> regular chocolate chips. Delicious, so I'm told. Naturally, I've
> never tried one.
>
> N.

Speaking of white chocolate and nuts, white chocolate goes well
with hazelnuts. A woman whom I used to work with brought some
wc-h brownies to work, and they were divine. (I am not much of a
white chocolate fan either.)

And I forgot. I'd REALLY like to have hickory nuts again. I used
to sit on my second parents' back steps, smashing them with a
rock. They were REALLY good. One of the houses I looked at had a
pig nut (synonym) tree, and I meant to get a few nuts. I should
have been speedier, because the tree got chopped down a couple of
months ago.

--
Jean B.