Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Farm Raised Trout?

On 21/02/2012 3:03 AM, wrote:
> On Feb 20, 7:17 am, Dave > wrote:

> A long time ago, I photographed a blue heron at a pond nearby. A
> coworker saw the photo and asked if I could make a big one for a
> wanted poster as all his fish were gone.

I got a couple good shots of a Blue Heron in Algonquin Park, but missed
what would have been great shots. I was taking a group of kids on a
canoe trip and had changed canoes after all my gear was loaded. We were
paddling along a river connecting two lakes and the Heron swooped by
overhead and landed on a nearby log. I had to paddle over to the other
canoe to get my pack and then get my camera out. Meanwhile, we drifted
to within about 10 yards of the Heron, and it had walked back and forth
along the log, speared a fish, then flipped it up in the air and caught
it headfirst and swallowed. He stuck around a little longer and I got a
couple still shots and a couple of him taking off.