Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] friesian@zoocrewphoto.com is offline

Default Beef Prices

On Feb 20, 10:04*am, George M. Middius > wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
> >> Yuck, even though it is high-quality cat food.

> >I've eaten cat food before. *And I even made a few bucks off of it :-)

> >That Trader Joes canned tuna cat food? *It smells great but tastes
> >pretty rotten.

> >Sorry - didn't mean to gross you out :-)

> I give my kittycats people food on occasion. Nothing wrong with that,
> is there?

You just need to avoid a few things like onions and garlic. And don't
go overboard on extra calories if your cat is overweight.

I had a very lean cat who loved people food. His favorites were peas
and mushrooms. He also ate canteloupe, any kind of pasta, rice, blue
cheese dressing, any kind of cheese, lima beans, doritos, and bread.
We had to keep bread products in the cabinet or microwave, or he would
tear chunks out of the hamburger buns or whatever was available. He
ate people food every day, and I think he waited to see what was for
dinner and only ate cat food afterward to fill up. He was always lean
and lived to 10 days shy of his 19th birthday, so it didn't harm him
at all. Oh, he loved cheesecake too.

I believe his motto was "I'll have what you're having."

And he was the best remote microwave timer. He would sit in the
kitchen when something was in the microwave, then come get me as soon
as it beeped. We suspected this for awhile, and comfirmed it one day.
He came to my while I was at the computer and pawed at my leg. I went
to the kitchen, and my mom asked if Maynard had gotten me. She watched
him run out of the room when the microwave beeped. And I was there
only a minute later.

Good stuff, Maynard!