Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Best non stick technology

On Monday, February 20, 2012 11:46:49 AM UTC-10, mkr5000 wrote:
> I think my problem with cast iron is that my favorite thing to do with them (especially my small one) is fry hamburgers and do it HOT.

I will attest to the general goodness of the hot pan. The great thing about cast iron is that you're able to have a very hot pan. Whenever I make seared ahi, I'll use cast iron. For everything else, I'll use a non-stick pan, if I can.

> To me, it's the best hamburger you can eat, but I always end up with a bit of "beef residue". ?
>
> I suppose I should turn down the heat and just walk away till the skillet is ready at a lower temperature.

I think it's in your nature to cook a high speed. Don't go against your nature. Good luck in developing a fine black coating on your pan. Whatever it is, it's beautiful. :-)