Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_14_] Jeßus[_14_] is offline

Default Farm Raised Trout?

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:17:28 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 19/02/2012 8:51 PM, Jeßus wrote:
>

>>> No kidding! They almost looked like some Koi I have seen.

>> Koi? I'll have one of them on my arm in a few weeks time... well, a
>> drawing of one, at least.

> I had some Koi in my back yard "water feature". I had a goldfish pond
>that I used to put goldfish in. One year I splurged and put in some Koi.
> At the time, those guys sold for $6-15 apiece. They started
>disappearing. My wife saw the last one go..... a Blue Heron. Those
>*******s never bothered with the gold fish that used to cots $1 per dozen.

That figures! I'm having trouble at the moment with possums destroying
my silver birch trees, theyre only about 3 y/o so the branches can't
support their weight, meaning they all get snapped.

I have the dog guarding the fruit trees, so she can't be in two places
at once. It's only the trees next to the wooden fence that are getting
trashed, so I might be able to come up with a way to use the electric
fence gear to thwart them.

It's late summer here (Tasmania), so the possums are moving in on my
trees because there's less food for them out in the bush this time of
year. A few more weeks and the problem will go away for another 12
months...