Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Farm Raised Trout?

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 08:59:49 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

>> > Koi? I'll have one of them on my arm in a few weeks time... well, a
>> > drawing of one, at least.

>> * I had some Koi in my *back yard "water feature". I had a goldfish pond
>> that I used to put goldfish in. One year I splurged and put in some Koi.
>> * *At the time, those guys sold for $6-15 apiece. *They started
>> disappearing. My wife saw the last one go..... a Blue Heron. *Those
>> *******s never bothered with the gold fish that used to cots $1 per dozen.

>LOL- I know someone that had the EXACT experience! Too funny...

watch the roof tops in the neighborhood. Those cranes aren't sitting
up there to be charming. They are hunting. Personally, I am willing
to live with this kind of interaction of nature. Changing to gold
fish seemed to have solved the problem -- maybe. But millions of
people don't get the chance to see what goes on in wildlife. Enjoy
Janet US