Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default dinner this week and recipe

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 06:35:03 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

> I find [honeycomb] tripe has about the same consistency as calamari (squid).
> It's definitely chewable, unless you don't have teeth.

Well, I have teeth that are probably in better shape than 90% of the
posters here and the trip I spat out looked honeycombed to me, but I
felt like I was chewing on rubber. Loved everything but that, it's a
very tasty soup. Not fond of Posole though. I wasn't bowled over by
the flavor and didn't like the hominy at all.