Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kalmia Kalmia is offline

Default Are You Fixing A Special Dinner For Valentine's Day?

On Feb 8, 9:30*am, Kalmia > wrote:
> Enn - oh. *It will be my time to get off my kitchen feet and get
> served. *Oh, and no resto for me with a fixed menu. *Been there - it
> was expensive, long wait, over-crowded and *food choices stunk. *We'll
> go to my fave, small, Italian joint.
>
> Say, I'd better make that reservation, huh!!

Update: smart resto owners. They offered for 60 bucks a couple:
bottle of merlot or pinot ( we wnet for the red)

choice of menu ( minus the paella) we chose the veal picatta and the
bouillabaisse)
Italian wedding soup soup or garden salad
garlic bread
tiramisu
coffee

Not a bad deal, compared to those fixed menu offerings at some
restos..
Brought a couple of good snorts of the wine home too - as long as
there's a cork in the bottle, it's legal as a to-go.