Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Are You Fixing A Special Dinner For Valentine's Day?

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 14:43:24 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> I am cooking lamb shanks for my sweetie. I am planning on braising them
> in dark beer. That is one of her favourite dishes, and mine. At this
> point it is a toss up whether we have it on barley or garlic mashed
> potatoes. I cheated for dessert. I bought some nice pastries at the good
> bakery shop in town.

I'm braising a pot roast for my honey. Bought a big one so son &
grandson can stay for dinner if they wish, otherwise we'll have lots
of leftovers. Served with veggies, making a cold salad of more
veggies and if I light a fire under myself I'll make some sort of low
carb chocolate dessert. I just discovered that chocolate and cardamom
can team up, so that sounds interesting to me.